2008 Subaru Outback
We picked up a 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5i with a few issues. So far (and its' running really good right now), it's had a new passenger side motor mount, exhaust manifold and second catalytic converter, new brake pads and rotors (flushed the brake fluid with AMSOIL Dot 3/4). Drained and filled the front and rear differentials, and the 4 speed automatic transmission (with sport shift). Ran AMSOIL engine and transmission flush in the engine and refilled with AMSOIL Signature Series 5w-30 and a EA15k12 oil filter.
We got it home and started taking care of some of the issues we found. There interior was very dirty and smelled. So we stripped it mostly down to the shell, vacuumed it out and wiped down several times with pine-sol. Shampooed the carpet and seats, made a huge difference and it looks great. Had to replace some of the sound dampening material. Cleaned out the cabin filter areas (looked like it had never been changed and was in bad shape.
Need a small trim piece and in Nebraska we found a replacement center console lid.
It had a failed exhaust gasket, and ended up with a melted engine mount. So ordered up a replacement and got it installed.
Replaced the exhaust manifold (front catalytic converter) as well. Found the second catalytic converter was destroyed when the material inside started to fall out.
Once I got it out to Nebraska, Taylor and I replaced the front and rear brake rotors and pads with all new hardware. Also changed the front and rear differentials to AMSOIL Gear Lube. Drained and filled the transmission with AMSOIL Automatic Transmission Fluid. Also did the engine oil and a new filter, AMSOIL Signature Series 5W-30 and EA15K12 filter.
Had to fix the water pump, as the gasket was leaking. We had ran a flush in the cooling system and then refilled with 50/50 mix. After about 200 miles we had to replace the water pump and gasket (leaking) and put on a new timing belt.
Turned out two of the water pump bolts were stripped (one had been drilled but not tapped or helicoiled, 3 of the 6 bolts were finger tight (not 108 in lb).